Library Document Collection

Poor Johnny Hotton

From a note in the Notebook of Elie Brevint, minister of Sark from 1612 until his death at the age of 87 in 1674. Written around 1610, this extract refers to events in his father Cosme's time as minister at the end of the 16th century. This is quoted in the Guernsey Magazine, or Monthly Illustrated Journal, for March 1875, p. 271; there is a copy in the Library.